Here’s a way to easily earn Southwest points FREE by signing up for meal delivery service Blue Apron!
I’m going to let you in on the secret in the hopes you can score some, too.
We had been wanting to try one of the meal-delivery programs like HelloFresh and Blue Apron recently.
My dad uses Blue Apron and was able to send me an offer to try our first week free.
I signed up for the free trial and a day or two later got a notice via email from Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping that I’d just earned 900 points!
Apparently, I’d clicked on the link to Blue Apron within the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal in the past, and after I signed up for the free trial, it recognized my past visit and granted me 900 points. Whoo hoo!
However, the fine print does say the subscription needs to stay active for 45 days, but we still kept our points even after cancelling within a couple weeks.
How to Get Your FREE Southwest Points
To get your free points, check to see what Southwest is currently offering for Blue Apron sign-ups in the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal.
Then follow these steps:
- Find someone who pays for Blue Apron (feel free to jump on our Facebook group and ask for referrals if you want)
- Have that person go to FREE MEALS in the main navigation bar at top of their Blue Apron account
- There, they will be able to see if they have any free trials they can give out
- Have them send you an invitation if they have one to give
- Go to the Rapid Rewards Shopping Portal, Search for Blue Apron and click through to the link (you don’t sign up from here; you just want Southwest to register that you visited the site through them)
- Go back to your invitation email and click through to the free trial link
- Sign up (it does require entering your credit card, you’ll have to email [email protected] to cancel your account after the first week), pick your two free meals, and get ready to enjoy some stress-free meal planning the following week 🙂
- Enjoy your free food!
Blue Apron will let you “skip” a week, so I set it to do that for the week following our free trial to give me time to cancel. To cancel, email them at [email protected].
These points DO count toward the 135,000 points you need to earn the Southwest Companion Pass, so one person can fly free with you for up to two years.
We currently use Hello Fresh, which we absolutely love.
It makes this busy mom’s life SO much easier and the food is just gourmet enough to get us to try something new without being over the top.
Southwest usually offers points when you sign up for Hello Fresh through the portal, as well.
So you may be able to get this to work for Hello Fresh true if someone can give you a free trial.
Let me know if it works for you!